LOVE INDIA TRIPS- 2018 Options: October 13-24, or 28
The ministry of P4PI in India focuses on holistic service using foot-washing clinics, dental & medical camps, motocross, drama, music, sports, counseling, coaching and personal testimonies to come along-side locals in impacting their community with help, hope and an introduction to the person of Jesus Christ who can truly change their lives. During these trips, you will get dirty serving, get real sharing and get emotional as you invest in and work along side some of the most amazing people you’ve never met and won’t soon forget. Some of you may be asked to training people using the experience and know-how that you have. Others of you will be that outside voice urging them to not give up and to put all divisions aside to unite as one in bringing hope to their generation. This is not a trip for the casual Christ-follower. This is an intense ministry trip in a country that will attack your senses, break your heart, and call you to action for the rest of your life if you so choose…the opportunity to meet needs are endless, yet eternal. We believe it’s a place you’ll experience Christ like never before as you offer yourself sacrificially in whole-hearted service to the overlooked and oppressed.
India is home to over 1.3 billion people, with many young people searching for hope, help and a living God who they can have a personal relationship with, who will answer their prayers, who will love them regardless of caste, class or their past. We know Jesus is the one who has been there for us and will reveal Himself to them.
INDIA TENTATIVE TRIP SCHEDULE:
STM Team travels to Hyderabad
Recoup, visit interesting tourism spots, have dinner with your host families, etc.
Day 2 Night:
Travel to remote impact community.
Share in/attend churches, hang out with locals, orientation
Day 5-12: (depending on 10 day or 14 day trip options)
Outreaches, CR Trainings, youth events, medical and/or foot-washing clinics in slums
Day 9-13: (depending on 10 day or 14 day trip options)
Say goodbye, explore sites for Home of Refuge, engage the culture, pray for the future, head back to Hyderabad
Day 10-14: (depending on 10 day or 14 day trip options)
Travel & Arrive Home in the states.
HOW TO JOIN THE TEAM:
- Come or call into the Sunday, March 11th Info Meeting. Click for more info or to RSVP
- Complete an Application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: P4PI, PO BOX 9010, Portland, OR 97207. You can receive an Application by the same email above.
- Apply for a Passport if you don’t have one. We’ll go over VIsa applications during our first meeting.
- Submit a deposit of $200 by the TBA once you submit your application.
- Write a support letter & begin the Spiritual Preparation Course (we’ll send an info packet with training on how to raise support/write your letter and SP Course after we receive your application).
- Attend in person or by conference call the team meetings, Time & Location: TBA
For more information about this trip or P4PI, call kendra: 503.608.4757 or email@example.com
If you don’t have a passport, apply now.
The only recommended vaccines beyond what you’ve normally already had as an American are Hepatitis A and Typhoid. You can get typhoid through contaminated food or water in India. CDC recommends this vaccine for most travelers, especially if you are staying with friends or relatives, visiting smaller cities or rural areas, or if you are an adventurous eater. You can find out more details by going to: Center For Disease Control-India Page